Some helpful information regarding VISAS!

As there have been recent changes to the Visa regulations in Thailand we thought it best to provide some helpful information and guidelines about the different types of visa that are available.

From the start of July 2014 the Thai Immigration department has implemented a few changes to the standard visa regulations:
For prospective buyers, clients or as a tourist wishing to visit Thailand, travelers arriving via an international airport are permitted to receive a 30 day visa upon arrival, however we have been informed that further restrictions will be implemented after 12th August 2014. This will restrict the amount of times anyone that wishes to extend their stay in Thailand by using the method of crossing a land border to make multiple “visa runs.” The Immigration depart are doing this in order to restrict Long staying illegal workers which we see is a very positive and constructive move.

Many Nationalities are still able to obtain a valid Tourist Visa from the Thai Embassy in their home country which grants a 60 day stay, plus, a valid Non Immigrant Visa which allows 90 days for a few particular National Passport holders, these are Nationals from Brazil, Chile, Peru, South Korea and Argentina.

The following list of Nationalities are entitled to a 30 day Tourist Visa upon arrival at a Thai Airport and after which are permitted to receive One 15 day stamp upon re-entry at a land border crossing.

(Austria : Republic of Austria)
(Belgium : Kingdom of Belgium)
(Bahrain : Kingdom of Bahrain)
(Brunei Darussalam: Negara Brunei Darussalam)
(Denmark : Kingdom of Denmark)
(Finland : Republic of Finland)
(France : French Republic)
(Germany : Federal Republic of Germany)
(Greece : Hellenic Republic)
(Hong Kong)
(Iceland : Republic of Iceland)
(Indonesia : Republic of Indonesia)
(Israel : State of Israel)
(Italy : Republic of Italy)
(Korea, South : Republic of Korea)
(Kuwait : State of Kuwait)
(Luxembourg : Grand Duchy of Luxembourg)
(Monaco : Principality of Monaco)
(Netherlands : Kingdom of the Netherlands)
(New Zealand)
(Norway : Kingdom of Norway)
(Oman : Sultanate of Oman)
(Peru : Republic of Peru)
(Philippines : Republic of the Philippines)
(Portugal : Republic of Portugal)
(Qatar : State of Qatar)
(Singapore : Republic of Singapore)
(Spain : Kingdom of Spain)
(South Africa : Republic of South Africa)
(Sweden : Kingdom of Sweden)
(Switzerland : Swiss Confederation)
(Turkey : Republic of Turkey)
(United Arab Emirates)
(United Kingdom : United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
(United States of America)
(Vietnam : Socialist Republic of Vietnam)
(Czech Republic)
(Republic of Hungary)
(Principality of Liechtenstein)
(Republic of Poland)
(Slovak Republic)
(Republic of Slovenia)

Other Nationalities not listed above must obtain a Valid Visa from A Thai Embassy before arriving in Thailand.
The other types of Visa that you can obtain are as follows:
Category “F” To perform official duties.
Category “B” To conduct business, to work, to study a teaching course, to work as an English teacher, to take scuba diving or boxing lessons, to work as a sport coach, to do an internship, to work as a film-producer, journalist or reporter for a short period.
Category “IM” To invest with the concurrence of the Thai Ministries and Government Departments concerned.
Category “IB” To invest or perform other activities relating to investment, subject to the provision of the established laws on investment promotion.
Category “ED” To study, to come on a work study tour or observation tour, to participate in projects or seminars, to attend a conference or training course, to study as a foreign Buddhist monk.
Category “M” To work as a film-producer, journalist or reporter.
Category “R” To perform missionary work or other religious activities with the concurrence of the Thai Ministries or Government Departments concerned.
Category “RS” To conduct scientific research or training or teaching in a research institute.
Category “EX” To undertake skilled work or to work as an expert or specialist.
Category “O” To visit Thai spouse, children, parents, voluntary job, Retirement (with State Pension)
Category “O-A” For applicants aged 50 and over who wish to stay in Thailand for an extended period without the intention of working.

For all of the above types of Non-Immigrant Visa, as well as Filling out the required Visa form you will need to provide:
Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months and its copy
Two (2) recent 2 x 2 inches photographs (taken within the past 6 months)
Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)

work permit

For a Three Year  Non-Immigrant Type “B – Business Visa you are required to provide:

1. An official document certifying the purpose of travel from the relevant Government Agencies /Embassies and Consulates / International Organizations / State Enterprises in Thailand.

2. A Letter from the company stating the objective of the visit to Thailand.

3. A document showing correspondence with trading partners in Thailand.

4. A letter of invitation from a company qualified to employ foreigners.

5. Employment contract indicating rationale for hiring the applicant as well as his/her salary, position and qualifications (document must be signed by authorized managing director and affixed the seal of the company.)

6. Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (only in case the applicant has previously worked in the Kingdom )

7. Copy of corporate documents; namely
A) list of shareholders

B) business registration and business license

C) company profile

D) details of business operation

E) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions

F) map indicating the location of the company

G) Balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Taxthai immigration logo
(Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30) of the latest year

H) Alien income tax return (Por Ngor Dor 91) and

I) Value-added tax registration (Por Ngor Dor 20)

For a Non-Immigrant Type “ED – Education Visa you are required to provide:

1. Transcript/Letter of acceptance from the concerned schools/universities or institutes
2. Official Note certifying the purpose of travel from the Government Agencies /Embassies and Consulates / International Organizations / State Enterprises in Thailand.

For a Non-Immigrant Type “O visa you are required to provide:

1. Birth Certificate (applicant’s child)
2. Certificate of Marriage or its equivalents (if married to Thai national)
3. A copy of your marriage certificate and passport or Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 annually.)
4. An official recommendation letter from the organization you wish to perform the voluntary job for in Thailand.
5. Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner.

Duration of Stay :
– Single entry: 3 months (you must enter Thailand within the validity of visa from the date of issue)
– Multiple entry: 1 year (you must enter Thailand on your final visit before expiry of the visa from the date of issue)

Validity of stay :
The holders of this type of visa are initially granted a period of stay in the Kingdom not exceeding 90 days unless otherwise instructed by the Office of Immigration Bureau.
Applicants wishing to stay in the Kingdom longer than 90 days, have to file their application either at the Thai consular mission abroad or at a local Immigration Office.

Extension of stay :
You are able to obtain an additional one year stay permit counting from the date of entry in the Kingdom pertaining to the Office of the Immigration Bureau’s regulations on extension of stay. The extension of stay is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.

Visa Fees:
There are various Visas Fees which apply to the particular visa you require. If you have any questions regarding Visas, or if you require assistance, we are pleased to offer any advice and assist you in obtaining the necessary Visa.

error: Content is protected !!